The Council’s Environmental Health Service promotes responsible dog ownership and enforces dog control legislation. Lost, found and stray dogs should be reported to the Council’s Environmental Health Service.
The Council provides the following dog control services:-
· Collects stray dogs and takes them to the Council’s stray dog kennels
· Assists owners of lost dogs to find their pets
· Investigates dog fouling complaints and take enforcement action, where appropriate
· Provides advice to the public on a range of dog related matters
· Works with the Police and other agencies on the control of dangerous dogs and dog welfare.