About This Site
Powys County Council makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of content on this website. If you find any out of date information please tell us on our feedback form.
You may also be re-directed to useful information on websites maintained by other organisations. Please note that Powys County Council is not responsible for the accuracy of information on other organisations' websites.
Powys County Council endeavours to maintain the accuracy and reliability of this web site, it does not however make any representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or suitability of the information, products, services and related graphics contained in this web site for any purpose. Powys County Council, its employees, suppliers and other parties involved in creating and delivering this web site shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, loss or inconvenience caused by reliance on the contents of this web site or arising from the use of this web site.
The site is designed for maximum accessibility. We aim to meet W3C WCAG Standards where possible (currently WGAG 2.0) If you would like to comment on any aspect of the site’s accessibility, please tell us on our feedback form.
This site follows the UK Government Accesskeys standard. If your browser supports accesskeys, you can use the following keys to jump quickly to the main pages of the site:
S - Skip navigation;
1 - Home page;
2 - What's new;
3 - Site map;
4 - Search;
6 - Help/about this site;
8 - Terms and conditions;
9 - Feedback form;
0 - Access key details.
On Windows systems, hold down the Alt key (Shift + Alt if you're using Mozilla Firefox 2) and press the access key; on Apple Mac systems, use the Control key.
You can make an informal comment about our site using our feedback form.
If you want to make a formal comment or complaint about any service provided by the council, please go to our Have Your Say pages for guidance.
Access to and use of this web site is provided by Powys County Council subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Your use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions which take effect from the date that you first used the site. Powys County Council reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting any changes on line. Your continued use of this site after any changes have been posted constitutes your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
- Use of this web site is for your own personal and non-commercial use. Materials may not be copied, reproduced, republished, down-loaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal and noncommercial home use. Any other use requires the prior written permission of the Council.
- You agree to use the site only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, defamatory or abusive or which may harass or cause distress, inconvenience, nuisance or menace to any person and the transmission of obscene, threatening or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
- This web site contains links to other sites, which may not be operated by the Council. The Council is not responsible for the content of these sites and does not accept any liability that may arise in respect of the use of such sites.
- The Council endeavours to ensure that all information and material on this web site is correct and accurate but does not accept any liability for errors or omissions, neither does the Council warrant that the use of the site will be uninterrupted. The Council provides the material published on its web site on the basis that it disclaims all warranties in respect of such material, whether expressed or implied. The Council, its employees, its suppliers and the original providers of the material accepts no liability for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss of business, revenues or profits or special damage arising from the publication of the material on this web site or from the use of this web site.
- You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights including copyright and database rights in the Council's web site and its contents belong to or have been licensed to the Council who are otherwise used by the Council as permitted by applicable law.
- The Council has the right to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted or posted on this site. The Council is not responsible for neither does the Council accept any liability for any material posted on the site otherwise than by the Council. Any opinions, advice, statements, offers or other information expressed or made available by third parties on the Council's site are those of the third parties. concerned. The Council neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or the liability of any such third party material.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising from these terms and conditions shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- If you find anything on this web site that gives you cause for concern then please let us know.
- If you are dissatisfied with any part of this web site or with any of these terms and conditions of use, please discontinue use of the site immediately.
- If any of these terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then to the extent which that term or condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions. This clause and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
When you access pages on our website, your device (computer or mobile phone, for example) will receive data from our website. To provide the best possible services to you, we will include small amounts of information, known as cookies. This is normal, and almost every website in the world will use them to make the site work on your device.
You can learn more about cookies and how to manage them through the DirectGov website Internet browser cookies – what they are and how to manage them.
The cookies we use contain a unique, anonymous number. They do not contain any personal information about you and are not used to identify you personally.
We use them on this website to improve services for you by, for example:
- making sure your device is recognised so that you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task;
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to re-enter it into every web page you go to;
- measuring how many people are using our website, so we can make sure that we can meet the demand;
- understanding how people use our site with Google, so we can tailor it to meet common usage.
More about cookies from Powys County Council and how to manage them.