One day course will provide confidence and competence to enable staff to assess for, and fit Minor Adaptations in the home as outlined in the College of Occupational Therapist ‘Minor Adaptations Without Delay’ Guidance (e.g. internal and external rails, access and threshold ramps, window and door opening equipment, lighting and more).
Learners will recognise contraindications of providing minor adaptations and will know when to refer to Qualified Occupational Therapists in more complex cases.
There are no courses currently scheduled to run
- The course includes practical sessions, for example assessment of access to and within the home and internal and external stair rails.
- Housing Association and Home Improvement Agency Staff
- Companies providing the contract work to supply and fit adaptations
- Professionals working in Social Care, Reablement and Health
- Support staff in Social Care Settings
- Anyone wishing to familiarise themselves with the assessment for and supply and fit of Minor Adaptation
- Learners will each receive a Trusted Technician Training Certificate.
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given