Course Provider: CAIS Young Person’s Substance Misuse Service
Course Administrator: Julie Morris
An Assessment tool to assist those working with young people to distinguish between use and misuse; and accurately assess the risk factors.
- To introduce the Powys Young Persons Substance Misuse Service (YPSMS) to Staff
- Introduce the Drug Use Screening Tool (DUST)
- Give training on using the tool; when and how
- Understand and recognise substance use, risk and protective factors
- Making a referral to YPSMS
- Support available to you
There are no courses currently scheduled to run
Participants will be able to:
Recognise substance use risk and protective factors
Use the DUST tool to help them decide how to approach the young persons substance use.
Recognise tools they can use to support a young person.
Make a referral to the YPSMS.
Identify other avenues of support.
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given