Course Provider: Llaw yn Llaw
This course is for people who have registered an interest in becoming a childminder. The introductory training in home-based childcare through the unit "Understand how to set up a home-based childcare service" is also known as CYPOP5. It is the recommended course for prospective and new childminders.
The unit is worth four credits and is one of the optional units of the Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce.
To provide sufficient information and support to complete the home based childcare service unit
<center>There are no courses currently scheduled to run
By the end of the course you will:
- have an understanding of current legislation affecting childcare
- be able to develop policies and procedures for your childcare setting
- understand confidentiality and data protection
- understand how to market your business and developed a marketing plan
- understand budgeting and cashflows and set one up for your childcare setting
- understand health and safety for your business
- have an understanding of partnership working
- have an understanding of the importance of play and observing children playing
- have an understanding of safeguarding
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given