Course Provider: Childways
Learning baby massage is a rich and rewarding experience, and watching a baby enjoy receiving a massage is priceless. That’s why when you attend our baby massage course we’ll teach you everything you need to know to share the benefits of nurturing touch. This course is accredited by The Royal College of Midwives, Embody CThA (Complementary Therapy Association) and the Independent Professional Therapists International (IPTI) – an Association for alternative, complementary and health and beauty therapists. When you train with us, you’ll leave the course with a variety of baby massage techniques to use personally or as part of your work with children and families.
There are no courses currently scheduled to run
- History of Infant Massage and of the I.A.I.M.
- Massage techniques and how to adapt techniques as infants develop
- Communication, teaching, group facilitation and lesson planning skills
- Effects and benefits of infant massage and touch research
- Bonding and the relationship between massage and bonding
- Infant and child development in relationship to massage
- Infant cues, crying and behaviour states
- Massage for special situations (colic, premature babies, other special needs babies, etc.)
- Infant handling and positioning
- Understanding, supporting and valuing parents
- Marketing and promoting
- Safety guidelines for the use of oils
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given