Markets, stalls and street trading

Market - stalls and street trading licences

You must apply for a licence to trade on a public highway.

Contact the local town council for general information about particular markets. Contact us if you want a pitch at Newtown Market Hall or at Knighton, Builth and Brecon Market Halls.

Information about particular markets can be obtained by contacting the local Town Council for the relevant market as follows:-

Town Contact
(Tuesday & Friday Markets only

Request form

Ask us for information about Markets  (Opens in a new window)

We strictly control traders who sell goods from mobile units on the public highway.

For certain streets in Newtown, a street trading consent is required.

For all other parts of the county, contact the Highways Authority and police to ask for permission.

Apply for a Street Trading Licence

Apply online or contact us for more information using the details on this this page.

If you haven’t heard from us within 42 days of making your application, you can assume that your application has been granted


If you’re unhappy about our decision, please contact us to discuss it.

Consumer complaints

If you have a complaint about a street trader, please contact us using the details on this page.

Application form

Apply online using the links below.  The links take you to another government website.

Apply for a street trading licence or consent

Change a street trading licence or consent

You can also get an application form from us using the contact details on this page. Please complete the form and return it with the fee to the area licensing office.

You will be charged a fee for this licence.

Licence fees and charges