Apply to close a road

image of a road closed sign

Application form

Apply to close a road  (Opens in a new window)

The council issues Temporary Road Closure Orders when we need to close a road for safety reasons. This could be because there’s work being done or for an event such as a carnival parade. If you think you might need to close a road, you’ll need to apply for an Order.

We need at least 10 weeks to process an Order to allow the legal procedure to be followed. We have to advertise in the local press and at the site. There is a charge for this to cover our costs.

You can begin the application process by filling in the enquiry form on this page.