Premises and club licences

A single system exists for licensing premises which are used for the sale or supply of alcohol, providing regulated entertainment or late night refreshment.

Licensable activities

  • Selling alcohol by retail
  • Supplying alcohol to a club member or to sell alcohol to a guest of a club member (for some clubs)
  • Providing regulated entertainment
  • Selling hot food or drink between 11.00pm and 5.00am (including take-aways and mobile caterers) unless you are a hotel, staff canteen or campsite.

You can only carry out these activities under some or all of the licences on this page.

Types of businesses and organisations that need alcohol licences.

You may also need a temporary event notice.

Statement of Licensing Policy