Advice for consumers


The National Trading Standards Estate Agency Team does not have the resources to give consumer advice, nor can we get involved with resolving disputes or complaints against businesses. Consumer advice is available from the Citizen’s Advice website, or from its consumer helpline on 03454 04 05 06. If you have a dispute with an estate agent in relation to residential property you may be able to take up your complaint with one of the three UK redress schemes. All estate agents are required to be a member of one of the schemes – further details are on our Ombudsman redress schemes page.