Scaffolding licence

Scaffolding licences

If you’re carrying out any building work/maintenance or removal of any part of a property which is next to the public highway (road, pavement or rear lane), the safety of all users of the highway is paramount.

Asking for permission

There must be safe areas (at ground level) or a platform (at high level). If you need to put hoardings on the highway around the place of work or scaffolding, you will need to get permission from the council.

Once we’ve given permission, you must make sure that you read the conditions attached to the licence and follow them at all times.

Application form

You will be charged a fee for this licence.

Licence fees and charges

Apply for a scaffold licence  (Opens in a new window)