Apply for a housing swap

Did you know that council tenants who want to move can swap homes? This is also called Mutual Exchange.

IMPORTANT NOTICE - Swap and Move will be ceasing its service in May 2018. For more information please go to their website.

Swap and Move logo

We work with Swap and Move – a leading council house exchange and home swap service. You can use their Mutual Exchange service for free. 

To enter into a mutual exchange, all repairs that are your responsibility must be completed and your rent account up to date. (There are no restrictions to the amount of time you have been living in your property before you can register)

Register your details and look for swaps, all free of charge!

  • Register your home online
  • Be matched to potential swaps
  • Use that info to find your new council house exchange or home swap




To exchange tenancies you’ll need to complete an application and an agreement form.

Download an application to exchange form


  • Address:
    Housing Area Office
    Ystradgynlais Area Office
    Hendre Ladus
    SA9 1SE
Call charges