View councillors allowances and expenses

Travelling and Subsistence Allowance is paid to councillors for approved duties in addition to their Basic Allowance/Special Responsibility Allowance.  This can cover travel expenses (including use of a private car) and subsistence whilst on Council business.

Claim forms are submitted monthly. In any month expenses can be claimed for the previous two months. Councillors won’t always claim Travel and Subsistence allowance every month. 

The links below contain a list of journeys undertaken and expenses incurred, which are listed alphabetically by councillor.

These Schedules are approved by the Council at its Annual General Meeting and set out the Council’s decisions about payments to be made during each financial year to all members and co-opted members of the Council.