Council Tax registration form

Register for council tax if:

  • You are moving into Powys from another area
  • You were not paying council tax at your last address
  • You are a landlord
  • You have a new build or conversion

Once registered, you may be eligible for a reduction or building exemption.

Moving out of Powys or within Powys?

Go to: Change of address and circumstances

Register for Council Tax

  1. 1. About you
  2. 2. About the new address
  3. 3a. Fill this section in if you are the owner
  4. 3b. Fill this section in if you are renting
  5. 4. About any adults living at the new address
  6. Any item of furniture in a property counts as furnished. You can give further details below if you wish.
  7. If the property is unoccupied, skip the rest of this section.
  8. FULL name (including middle name) of all adults living at the new address.
    Please also state their relationship to the property as: owner, tenant, sub-tenant or other (please give details).
  9. 4. Other information