Council Tax - when a young adult turns 18

When a young adult in your home turns 18, they are liable to pay Council Tax.  If they are students or if you continue to receive child benefit for them, then they will not be liable for Council Tax.

Tell Council Tax when a young adult in your home has turned 18

  1. 1. About you
  2. 2. About your Council Tax account
  3. 3. About the young adult
  4. Is the young adult a student (see definition - opens in new window or tab)
  5. Do you still receive child benefit for this young adult past their 18th birthday?
  6. 4. Other information