Are you fostered by a private arrangement

Image of two children

If you are aged 16 or under and living with someone who looks after you and is not your parent, legal guardian or close relative, you are being privately fostered.

Image of a family with a dog

If your parents have asked someone to look after you for 28 days or more it is called private fostering and the person looking after you is called a Private Foster Carer.

There are many reasons why parents might ask a friend to take care of you for a while.  Lots of children are cared for in this way. 

Find out more about living with a Private Foster Carer.


Call charges