Council Tax reductions

Council Tax Reduction can help you pay your Council Tax bill if you are on a low income and live in Powys.

The amount of Council Tax reduction you can get is worked out by looking at how much money you have coming in, your savings, your personal circumstances and the amount of rent you have to pay.

How to claim

  1. Complete the online application form on this page.
  2. You can get help with completing this form over the phone or at any Customer Service Point

Things to remember

  • Do not delay sending the form in as it will affect when we can start to pay you from.
  • If you are applying for Housing Benefit, you can use the same form to claim help towards Council Tax (Reduction), Free School Meals and School Clothing Grants all at the same time.
  • You won't get any benefit if you don't claim.